We offer a wide range of treatments, covering all aspects of dentistry. This page has a full list of available dental services, our fees, payment information and details of our NHS dental service. For detailed information about some of our treatments, see the advice section.
Available dental care
Treatments including specialised treatments
- Dental implants
- Full range of restorative dental treatment including fillings, crowns, bridges and dentures
- Cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry using porcelain, composites and tooth whitening
- Orthodontics (removable braces only)
- Fissure sealants and fluoride treatment
- Oral hygiene treatment including scaling, polishing, gum treatment and general advice
- Oral cancer screening especially for those who smoke tobacco and have high alcohol consumption
- Special attention to gum disease (periodonitis) in diabetics, and those with a family history of gum problems
- Full mouth rehabilitation and reconstruction for the broken down dentition
- Oral surgery and x-ray scanning for jaw abnormalities, cysts, buried teeth and tumours
Treatments for children
- Complete range of children’s treatment
- Intravenous sedation for very nervous and needlephobic patients
- Special attention for patients who are chronically ill
- We can also give advice on orofacial aesthetics, e.g. rhinoplasty (nose reduction), face lifts, moles and any other cosmetics in liaison with a consultant oral-facial surgeon
- Arabic, Spanish and French translation available
Dental practice facilities
- Wheelchair access to ground floor surgeries
- Accessible toilet
We have excellent referral access to local specialist services at the London’s main teaching dental hospitals at King’s College Hospital, Guy’s Hospital and St Thomas’ Hospital.
Medical information form
If your dentist has asked you to complete a medical information form, download it here:
Private dentistry fees
Our fees are being updated and will be available in due course.
All payment is required on the day treatment is carried out. Cash, major credit cards, and cheques are accepted. Most patients having extended courses of treatment will have issued to them a computer generated treatment plan with costs. For very large costly treatments requiring extensive restorations and many appointments, a written estimate and details of treatment will be provided to the patient. Estimates given are valid for three months.
Our fees are very reasonable and highly competitive, and are well below the recommended fee scale as set out by the Dental Professionals Association fee scale for London. If you have any queries or comments regarding your treatments, your fees or any other matter, we are always willing to discuss it with you. Please speak to your dentist, the practice manager or any other member of staff.
Interest free credit
We offer 6, 10 and 12 months interest-free credit through Braemar Finance. Patients can have their treatment costs spread out through the finance company over an affordable term with interest.
Available only for treatments over £1,500.
Interest bearing credit finance
Available for amounts over £1,500. 12, 24 and 36 months with Braemar Finance.
Patient finance agreement
If your dentist has asked you to complete a patient finance agreement, download it here:
We have a contract with Lewisham Primary Care Trust to only provide NHS dentistry to the following patients:
- Any children and full-time students under 19 years of age
- Pensioners who receive guaranteed pension credit
- Pregnant women
- Mothers with maternity exemption certificates
- Those in receipt of tax credits and their partners
- Those in receipt of Income Support and their partners
- Those on income-based job seekers allowance and their partners
- Holders of valid HC2 certificates
- Those receiving Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
Interest bearing credit finance
Patients on a low income can apply for free NHS treatment through the HS Low Income Scheme. Find out more at the NHSBSA website.
Missed NHS appointments and last minute cancellations
Dental practices are small independent businesses with fixed overheads and costs in order to care for patients. Surgery time is therefore costly and this is paid for out of patient treatment fees received. The NHS dental service does not pay for this last time. Patients who fail their appointments cause a significant drain on overheads and management of appointments and deprive other patients who are keen to attend for their dental needs.
Out of normal surgery hours, you can phone and cancel appointments by leaving a message on the answer machine. You must give 24 working day hours to cancel. Cancelling by phone on a weekend for a Monday appointment is unacceptable and will be liable to charges. From time to time we reserve the right to ask for evidence of the reason of a late cancellation or failure to attend.
Patients who fail two appointments without good reason will have to pay a reappointment administration charge of £27 to cover our extra admin costs. On arrival to the new appointment and after an examination, and if eligible will be reinstated to receive NHS care.
Patients who fail two appointments without good reason will have to pay a reappointment administration charge of £27 to cover our extra admin costs. There may also be the added cost of paying for the lost time at £25 for every 15 minutes surgery time that is lost. This will be at the discretion of the dentist and practice manager. We will do our utmost endeavour to mitigate all charges by trying to book other patients in the time lost but this may not be possible at short notice.