The Broadway Dental Practice is a family general dental practice providing all aspects of dental care, with an emphasis on high quality treatment. The practice has been serving the communities of Catford and south London since the 1940s with the highly qualified Dr Martin Hussain as the Principal Dentist from 1995. Associate Dentists, Dr David Gray and Dr Ruby Austin MBE, add the skills and experience that mean all aspects of modern dentistry are available here.
The team is completed by three dental nurses noted for their cheerfulness and friendly manner. Diane Austin joined The Broadway Dental Practice in 1989 while Jenny Waugh-Datadeen was recruited in 2002. The management and smooth running of the practice is in the capable hands of our Practice Manager, Jacqui Coveney, another team member who has been here since 1989. With our highly experienced team and fully equipped modern practice we offer the highest standard of dental care to both NHS and private patients.
The highly qualified Dr Martin Hussain heads up our practice, supported by his fantastic team of staff.
Dr Martin Hussain
BDS (London), MGDS RCS (Eng), FDS RCS (Edin), FFGDP RCS (Eng)
GDC Number 58546
- 2017: Certified by IAS Academy, London, UK to carry out fixed orthodontics for adults to improve aesthetics and correct relapsed previous orthodontic treatment
- 2015–2016: Advanced Aesthetic and Cosmetic course at Cosmetic Dental Seminars, London, UK
- 1991: MGDS RCS achieved, Gold Medal Awarded
- 1983: University of London | Qualified from King’s College School of Medicine and Dentistry
Other Positions held
- 2004: Lambeth PCT | Dental advisor
- 2002: Royal College of Surgeons | Fellowship examiner
- 2000: Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham Health Authority | Dental adviser
- 1995: Royal College of Surgeons of England | Examiner
- 1994: Royal London Hospital Dental College | Honorary Clinical Teacher in General Dental Practice
- 1993: University College London | Course Organiser
- 1991: University College London | Tutor
- Trustee and Volunteer for Hope 4 The World, a British charity that trains village community health workers in Burma and Thailand
- 2002: Faculty of General Dental Practitioners | Fellow
- 2001: Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh | Fellow
- 1997: Royal Society of Health | Fellow
- 1996: Local Dental Committee of Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham Health Authority | Member
- Oral surgery and oral medicine
- Children’s dentistry
- Advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry
- Teaching and training (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- Treating dental phobia
Away from dentistry
Martin is married with two children and is active in his local Christian church. He enjoys clay and rough shooting, scuba diving, gardening, fishing, skiing, watersports, marathon running, and reading. He does humanitarian charity work among persecuted people groups.
Dr Haydon Murr
BDS (London), LDS RCS (Eng)
GDC Number 67655
- 1993: Honorary Clinical Teacher in General Dental Practice of Royal London Hospital
- 1992–1994: Two years vocational training
- 1992: Qualified from The Royal London Hospital Dental College (University of London)
- General restorative dentistry
- Fixed and partial prosthodontics
- Cosmetic – tooth whitening
- Root canal treatments
Away from dentistry
Haydon is married with three children, involved in youth work and active in his local Christian church. He is interested in current affairs and social issues, and is a keen cyclist, coarse fisherman and lay preacher.
Dr Savita Sharma
Details coming soon.
Registered Dental Nurse
GDC Number 114452
Promise to all our Patients
The dentist and staff will take a genuine interest in your needs and care.
All team member will be respectful and helpful.
Important information will be conveyed.
Concerns will be listened to.
Treatment decisions will be discussed.
Pain will be effectively managed.
Appropriate follow up will be available.
Transparency, honesty and ethical in delivering care.
Complaints, Comments, Concerns, Compliments
We operate a patient-based complaints procedure to ensure that we remain sensitive to your needs and feelings. We aim to provide patients with the best care we can, but occasionally we can sometimes fall short of the mark.
If you have any compliments, comments, concerns or complaints about our service, we want to hear about it. We would encourage you to speak to whoever you feel most comfortable with – your dentist, dental nurse a receptionist or manager – but if you would prefer to give your feedback in writing please send it to Jacqueline Coveney, Practice Manager at the practice address. You can also send a message via the website.
If you have a complaint to make, please don't be afraid to say how you feel. Your comments will give us a chance to offer an explanation or make an apology for the offending situation, take corrective action, prevent problems recurring, and continue to improve the quality of the care that we give.
If you are not satisfied with the practice’s response to your complaint, you may contact the Dental Complaints Service for complaints concerning private treatment, or the NHS South London for complaints concerning NHS treatment. Further information about making a complaint is available from the NHS choices website.
If you require a copy of our complaints information sheet, please download one here: